Advanced midwifery skill is necessary for today's independent out-of-hospital midwife. Midwives' statistics are being tracked, home and birth center births are on the rise and safe outcomes are everyone's priority. It is a delicate balance to know when to utilize all your midwifery skill to get a baby born AND when to effect transport quickly. With hands-on skills training and an opportunity to explore case studies, you will come away with extensive new skills: better able to serve your clientele.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
· Advanced fetal monitoring, out-of-hospital NST and fluid assessment
· Shoulder dystocia prevention and management with hands on mannequin practice and role play
· Internal fetal head positioning and re-positioning & cervical lip diagnosis & treatment
· Non-pharmaceutical cervical ripening & labor induction including herbs, oils, homeopathics, natural prostaglandins & oxytocin release, and bulb foley placement
Thursday October 18, 2018
· Hemorrhage diagnosis & treatment
· Estimating blood loss
· Preventing tears
· Performing episiotomy
· Repairing lacerations including labial, clitoral hood & 3rd degree extension
· Continental breakfast provided
· Potluck lunch
· 16 CEU's available for clinical topics NARM & most MEAC school student skills sign off available for students
· Early bird discount available before June
· Can't come to the whole workshop - just $200 for either one of the clinical days
- Bringing your apprentice? inquire about a discount for students
· No refunds provided. Tickets are transferrable.
* By purchasing a ticket you agree to give permission for all photos taken during workshop to be used by Wise Women Education (Augustine Colebrook) to use as desired for marketing, advertising, educational or promotional reasons in print or on the internet.