Advanced midwifery skill is necessary for today's independent out-of-hospital midwife. Midwives' statistics are being tracked, home and birth center births are on the rise and safe outcomes are everyone's priority. It is a delicate balance to know when to utilize all your midwifery skill to get a baby born AND when to effect transport quickly. With hands-on skills training and an opportunity to explore case studies , you will come away with an extensive new skills set: better able to serve your clientele.
Saturday June 17, 2017
- Non-pharmaceutical cervical ripening & labor induction including herbs, oils, homeopathics, natural prostaglandins & oxytocin release, and bulb foley placement
- Internal fetal head positioning and re-positioning & cervical lip diagnosis & treatment
- Shoulder dystocia prevention and management with hands on mannequin practice and role play
- Advanced fetal monitoring, out-of-hospital NST and fluid assessment
Sunday June 18, 2017
- Hemorrhage diagnosis & treatment, estimated blood loss and urinary catheter placement
- GBS prophylactic antibiotic administration techniques
- Twins, breech and external version techniques
- Preventing tears, performing episiotomy, and repairing lacerations including labial, clitoral hood & 3rd degree extensions
$335 for the weekend workshop (MEAC CEU credits applied for)
[Bonus mini-session Friday Jun 16th] 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Open to workshop participants and non-participants
Hands-on phlebotomy skills for beginners. If you are new to blood draws or just lack confidence, come get your 'poke' on! With the process explained in detail and then extensive guidance, you will leave this workshop feeling confident, positively even vampiric! Participants will act as each other's models, you must 'get to give'.
$35 per person, supplies provided